Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It actually IS easy being Green

To say that he is a Green, Mean Fighting Machine would probably be to indulge in a bit of over-the-top hyperbole, but still, I can’t quite help myself. You see, The Incredible Hulk is due out this Friday.

Well, if you want to get a jump on the film (and missed out on the 7-eleven cups), then you are going to want to hustle on down to Burger King, and snag yourself some of the new Hulk toys. From what I can see of the film’s trailer, it looks like it is going to be way better than the previous version (and there is a roomer that Robert Downy, Jr. as Iron Man will pop up in this film (in an uncredited appearance) as well.

Well, as you can see, I already did that and have scored my first pair (of six). They are kinda OK, but I’m going to want to see the others before I judge the entire line. The two that I have are the Mirror Morph Hulk, and the Hulk Smash toys. I’m thinking that the Abomination and Hulk figurines are cooler, but, I still need to see them.

Now, I have to still hunt down the missing three Iron Man toys that I missed. I should be acquiring the Ion Man 7-eleven cups this weekend when I head into the city to my upcoming CAG meeting. The Hulk (or is it the Iron Man) straws I purchased online, and should be arriving tomorrow (hopefully).

Ah well, the difficulties of attempting to be a fast food toy collector in the modern-day world. Still, as this is something that I do, it is something that I will continue to do, and well, it is a whole load of fun. Actually, I very often find that the fast food toys are often cooler than the ones that go on sale in the toy stores.

1 comment:

Reggie White Jr. said...

I'm hoping this Hulk movie is better than the first one. Took 42 freaking minutes before he turned green!

And I will probably grab some BK this week to get some Hulk-tastic toys.

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...