Saturday, June 21, 2008

Classic Comics

Hey, anyone out there remember Classics Illustrated? Well, if you do, and want to read them again, (or if you don’t and would like to read them for the first time), you can do it. I’ve just been informed by a librarian friend of mine that several of the old Classics Illustrated titles have been scanned and posted to the web. If you are at all interested, feel free to check them out.

I’ve paged through a couple myself, and they read pretty well. Now wile I still don’t think that reading comicbooks online is ever really going to replace reading them in meatspace, I do feel that by scanning and posting old classics like this, it gives fans of this work the opportunity to see them even if they can’t afford to purchase them (especially if there are no reprints available).

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...