Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hulk Smash!


Has anyone (besides me, that is) gone into a fast food franchise intent on purchasing, not so much the food that comes with the Toy-of-the-Week, but toy itself? See, I do this all the time, and well I don’t want to slander those fine folks who work behind the counter, because — well, somebody has to work there, and (no offense) but I’m so totally glad that it isn’t me.

Anyway, here is what I very often go through whenever I try to purchase a specific toy.

Me: “Could you tell me what toy you have today?”

Fast Food worker: “The Hulk”

Me: “Yea, I know that. Could you please tell me which toy?”

FFW: “I don’t know.”

Me: “Could you please look?”

FFW: “Oh, OK.”

Me (Wishing the cops hadn’t taken all of my guns) “Thanks.”

Yeah, well I can’t tell you how many times I go through this scenario. Anyway. Here is one of this week’s two toys. I’m hoping to snag the sixth and final toy tomorrow. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

3 comments:

Tommy said...

My family used to go through that when very young.

At an older age, I've only done that sometimes, but in the case of the pokemon toys, I don't think there was a set one per week since there were so damn many.

What me, my cousin, and aunt ended up doing, was getting misc. kids meals and seeing what we accumulated together.


I've yet to get everything from EBay as of yet, including the set of Pokemon cards Burger King had for the 1st movie (1 for all 151 of the buggers at the time, usually given in card sheets of 9 if you didn't get them individually).

rjsodaro said...

Wow, if the franchise is local to me, I have no problem swinging by once a week or so to the various fast food places. However, like you, if it is not local, or I have missed stuff that I really want. I'll go to the Internet and score the set there.

Reggie White Jr. said...

See this is how you do things. If I'd asked, or had guns, I'd probably get the toys I want as well as the food and quick service that I desire. Bet people get what they want all the time in Texas.

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...