Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Little General

As I pointed out elsewhere, while I’ve been aware of the presence of Mini comics, I really haven’t followed them much, and well, I’m beginning to think that’s a shame, especially when I’ve recently learned (from the Fairfield County Weekly) that there apparently is an extensive history for them here in CT. well, a week or so back I was at the MoCCA (Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art) Festival in Manhattan, and I ran into an old friend o mine, Mark Lerer (who used to work on the editorial staff of Marvel Age Magazine, back in the day).

Well, these days, Mark (in addition to working for Craig Yoe), is producing Mini-Comics, and well, I scored myself one @ MoCCA. The comic is the very entertaining Little General.

I always knew that Mark was a writer (due to his work on Marvel Age), but I never realized what an accomplished cartoonist he is. You really should contact Mark, and score your own copy of this very cute comic.

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...