Monday, April 27, 2009

When Parodies go bad

Now don’t get me wrong. I’m as big a fan of goofy crap as the next guy (yeah, this includes parodies) but this is such a tricky genre, that it can go horribly wrong, so quickly. That’s what I’m assuming happened with this badly-don Watchmen parody.

Sure, I suppose that when it was written, the author and his backer simply assumed that satirizing Watchmen was good enough, only it really takes more than that. This book was such a big swing and a miss that I felt the breeze from here.

Truth of the matter is that, I’ve read some parody comics from Marvel years after the event that they were parodying, and had that same sense of WTF I had when I read this piece of dreck.

Tomorrow, I’ll have more pics of new Spidey stuff I’ve acquired.

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...