Saturday, April 11, 2009

the Main Comic Fan

Jim Main is an old friend of mine., I met him a couple of decades back through mutual friends, one of whom being D.W. Armstrong. Back then Jim was running a comic shop up in New Milford, CT. Well the years passed and I lost track of Jim, only to rediscover him again a few months back when an artist friend of mine, Hal Jones, brought him back to my attention.

Well, it seems in the inter veining years, Jim has been publishing magazines about comics. Well, he was kind enough to send me a copy of his most recent, Comic Fan #4, which spotlights one of my favorite band of 60’s superheroes, The T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents. The issue is a very wonderful walk down memory lane as well as revealing of some T.H.U.N.D.E.R. tidbits that even I did not know. Like Steve Skeates was not only there at the dawn of the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. age, but that he worked at Marvel as Stan’s assistant for two weeks before Roy Thomas showed up.

Anyway, Comic Fan is but one of a number of comic mags that Jim publishes, stop by his site and check out what else he has to offer, and as long as your there you should probably buy something from him. I know that he’ll enjoy that.

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...