Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sometimes you just have to ask "why"?

OK, I'm as eager to read a new Spider-Man mini-series as is the next Spider-geek, but I really have to wonder just what the heck was going on in the minds of the folks who green-lit the Spider-Man Secret Wars comic. I mean, seriously, WTF? Why resurect a 20-year-old story that you can't change or amend to tell a story that who cares if it happened at all, because it doesn't affect the final outcome of the story.

I Mean, I can understand about the Spidey Clone War series because this is (presumably) what the original writers wanted in the first place (still, after three or four issues into this series, I'm not entirely sure that I'm following what the heck is going on, and the only thing that is helping me is that I read it the first time around).

Now I understand that when there is a Marvel-related movie coming out, the company will flood the market with related new series (though it would be nice if they could figure out a way to get some of those movie audience patrons into comic shops), but who has been clamoring for a Secret Wars (or Clone-Saga) storyline?

Well, to be sure I know that I (and my good buddy Chris Buchner) would love to see Ben Reilly return as the Scarlet Spider), but I honestly don't think that anyone is listening to either of us (even though we know that they should!).

Anyways, that's what I think, if anybody cares (and is listening)

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...