Sunday, October 18, 2009

Big Apple/Wizard World NY ’09

Well kids, I just came back from the first-ever, Big Apple Wizard show, and let me tell you that I had a heckava time.

I met my buddy Mark Mazz in the City, and we had breakfast, then trudged into the show where were comped in courtesy of Peter Katz of Big Apple (Thanks Pete) then we spent much of the morning wandering around the show, meeting old friends, and checking out the sites.

After a while we wound up in Artists’ Ally, where we hung with old friends, before meeting up with Ed Pereira, and having lunch with none other than Linda Hamilton (Terminator), Nichelle Nichols (Star Trek), John Schnider (Dukes of Hazard/Smallville), and Todd Bridges (Diff’rent Strokes).

And no, I’m neither kidding or exaggerating in the slightest. These stars and us (along with pal Keith Williams) sat around for a bit of time eating and swapping stories about our kids and stuff (Nichelle told us how Lt. Uhura got her name).

This was seriously the best con that I’ve attended in quite some time (not to mention that I scored some 30 Spidey titles in my on-going effort to complete my entire run of every original Spidey story and appearance published.

Now it is bed time. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...