Friday, August 14, 2009

GI Joe Invades BK

OK, so the movie was for crap, but the toys are kind of cool. The set is eight items two vehicles, two figures, and four pieces of equipment. The first two toys are Storm Shadow and the Mantis Sub.

I’m not entirely certain that I’m going to go for the whole set (I made no effort to grab any of the Transformers) as I really didn’t like any of the toys. (Ironic, I liked that movie, but hated the toys, and I really didn’t like this movie but am going to get some of the toys — go figure.)

Anyway, here is a photo of the first two items:



While I understand that my 15-year-old nephew Tony-o loved it, I had a number of problems with the film. First of all, it is hard for me to take a film seriously when it is so totally obvious that no one associated with the film takes it seriously.

Perhaps I shouldn’t have watched it after seeing The Hurt Locker, and Black Hawk Down (on TV again). Hell, even the military Rangers from Transformers seemed like more of a sincere military unit than these Yabos.

I think that I would have liked it much better if it was set more in the real world and not so much “Star Wars.” Still, I wasn’t the target audience, Tony-o was, so, what do I know, eh?

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...