Monday, August 17, 2009

...About that Spidey Play...


A buddy of mine just sent me this link which seems to indicate that the Spidey B’way play is kaput...

The shutdown of the Spider-Man musical, initially reported as a temporary hiatus while a new producer was installed (see “Spider-Man Play Shut Down”), may be more permanent, according to New York Post columnist Michael Riedel, who also reported the initial shutdown. He reports that the cast has been released from their contracts, which would make restarting production difficult. Riedel said that a new producer could not be found for what he called “the biggest fiasco in Broadway history.”


Obviously I hope not, but the Play site is still up. Not sure what to make of it all, but I’ll stay on top of it, and will keep you posted.

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...