Friday, January 22, 2010

Mary Jane, meet Thomas Jane (sort of)

OK, so this is the coolest thing (Hey, I’m a Spider-Geek, so yeah, it is the coolest thing). Last week when I stopped in to Magnum Comics in The Bronx to meet Chris Torres, one of the guys at the shop pointed out to me that The Punisher (released April 16, 2004) showed up In Spider Man 2 (June 30, 2004).

Don’t believe me? Then check out this clip.



Now do you think its cool? I thought so. If you want to patch into some other Spider-Man movie trivia, you can go here. Still, I’m quite entertained by the Punisher showing up in Spidey, especially when you consider that the character was originally introduced in the pages of Spider-Man (ASM #129, to be precise).

Yeah, loads of cool stuff going on in the background, if you just know where to look.

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...