Tuesday, January 23, 2018

A question of Suns

OK, so I was just watching the most recent episode of Supergirl on the CW (1/22/18 — Fort Rozz). In this episode she needs to travel to the Kryptonian prison, Fort Rozz, which is currently orbiting a blue sun.

Now, while I totally understand the concept of different colored suns (as well as the comicbook legacy that Kryptonians gain powers under yellow suns) it has always bothered me as to how Supergirl (man) is able to maintain her/his powers when out in space.

I'm sure that this must have been addressed in the comics over the years, only I don't actually recall.

I mean, is it that all Kryptonians actually have power, only the rays of a red sun somehow negate them? Do they only have powers under a yellow sun? (Do they have additional or alternate powers and/or abilities under different colored suns?)

What?

Anyone want to weigh in on this?

I mean, it’s not like this is keeping me up at night, but I really do kinda want to know.

Thanks

No comments:

Steve Ditko is the Other Reason I’m Here

    In 1961 I was six. My uncle (mom’s older brother) owned a family grocery store. In addition to food, he sold newspapers, magazines, and ...