Monday, March 28, 2011

Spider-Mike, Mayor of New Dork!

According to a published article in the New York Post, The Big Apple’s mayor Bloomberg, followed up his comicbook debut with a stint mocking Broadway’s longest running non-play, Spider-Man Turn off the dark at a charity dinner sketch that, unfortunately, went awry:


New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg descended upon the stage at the annual Inner Circle charity dinner in Manhattan on Saturday dressed as Spider-Man. The Inner Circle is a gaggle of past and present City Hall reporters who roast the mayor each year, kindly allowing him a comedic comeback. In a nod to the musical that is currently bombing on Broadway, the mayor stopped halfway through the Spider-Man skit “due to technical difficulties,” according to the New York Daily News. 
Well, we were certainly entertained:





Yeah, I could vote for this guy!

No comments:

Steve Ditko is the Other Reason I’m Here

    In 1961 I was six. My uncle (mom’s older brother) owned a family grocery store. In addition to food, he sold newspapers, magazines, and ...