Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Romance is in the air!

So here I am, Some 40+ years writing professionally and I'm — quite honestly — having perhaps one of the best years ever. I have several projects in print, as well as several more awaiting publication. 

This past week I just finished off laying out a book project for a new client, and am starting on the layout of a magazine for one of my longest-running clients. I have three prose short stories out for publication, five comicbook scripts in various stages of production. I'm getting set to launch a comicbook Kickstarter with a new publisher, as well as brand new offer to script a one-shot (with the possibility of sequels). 

Still, none of that is what I really want to write about today. As of the 1th of this month (just two days ago as I type this, 8/15/22) I'll have my third (yes, third) prose short story out in print with Writers Unite (a Facebook group to which I belong). The anthology Writers Unite: Dimensions of Love, is a two volume set of short stories.

My story, entitled The Way Back appears in the second volume of the set, and I'm very excited to have it appear in this set as penning a romance story is so far outside the type of writing I've been doing for the past four decades. 

Over the years I've written ad copy for radio, print, direct mail, and the web; I've written marketing material as well as technical and procedure manuals. I've worked as a journalist, done hundreds of interviews, written reviews of films, books, comics and more. Still. This romance story is honestly one of the coolest things I've ever written. Hopefully others will enjoy not just my story, but the full run of stories in the series.

The anthology is available on Amazon in both print and ebook editions, the links for both editions are below. (The links will lead to both version of each volume.)



Writers Unite: Dimensions of Romance, Volume One:

https://www.amazon.com/Writers-Unite-Anthologies-Dimensions-Love/dp/B0B92R1MDV/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1660659855&sr=1-1&fbclid=IwAR3FkDE2NbLHLgVwRRkwCo94GYu9zr8PieM2xo6oHnuOWMrSiAfTw9Qp_JA

Writers Unite: Dimensions of Romance, Volume Two

https://www.amazon.com/Writers-Unite-Anthologies-Dimensions-Love-ebook/dp/B0B8QKWQ93/ref=sr_1_1?crid=282ELDNTBFQ33&keywords=Writers%20Unite!%20Anthologies%20Dimensions%20of%20Love%20Volume%20two&qid=1660659890&s=books&sprefix=writers%20unite%20anthologies%20dimensions%20of%20love%20volume%20two%2Cstripbooks%2C52&sr=1-1&fbclid=IwAR1bcj5sJ17_tNeMiPp-7w61oE8acP7UzZmjtoE82khV4e7CPGTcqp0j58w


As an aside, a second romance story of mine has been posted online over here:

https://bardsy.com/stories/story-reader/?story_id=3682&utm_source=pocket_mylist

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...