Monday, December 06, 2010

It's starting to look a little bit like Free Comic Book Day!

The other day, my daughter asked me if Christmas was my favorite holiday, and I had to stop and really think about it. Needless to say, I didn’t actually have to think that hard, and I told her, truthfully, “No, actually, Free Comic Book Day is.” I mention this because, over the weekend, it was announced what the 10 Gold Sponsors for next year’s 10th event would be.

As could be expected, I was thrilled to learn who was going to be involved in next year’s event.
Kung Fu Panda, Richie Rich (Kid Zoic/Ape Entertainment), The Dark Crystal (Archaia Entertainment), Betty & Veronica (Archie Comics), Darkwing Duck/Rescue Rangers Flip Book (BOOM! Studios/Disney), Avatar: Last Airbender/Star Wars: Clone Wars Flip Book (Dark Horse Comics), Locke & Key (IDW Publishing), Spider-Man (Marvel Comics), Geronimo Stilton & The Smurfs Flip Book (Papercutz), plus a special top secret project from DC Comics, and  a Kid-Friendly Title from Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead), from Image Comics
Yeah, you got that right, I LOVE Free Comic Book Day. it is a day where I get to acquire some 30 FREE comics (did I mention that I don’t have to pay for them either?). Yeah, I totally love this stuff. as I get to see many comics that I wouldn’t normally get to read, plus acquire some free comics that are available nowhere else, except on Free Comic Book Day.

While this isn’t recognized as a national holiday as of yet, I’m certainly hoping that it will be one day. Anyways, here are some images of the covers from the books that have been already been announced.













Ain’t it cool?

Free Comic Book Day is Saturday May 7th, 2011




No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...