Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Long Time Ago...

You heard me kiddies, Star Wars is back in the Theaters, and this time with an actual story (if we are to believe what we are told). That’s right, this time it is all about the clones. Star Wars: The Clone Wars (an animated tale that takes place between episodes two and three) kicks off this week, and (the part that we like the best) it comes complete with a set of McDonald’s Happy Meal toys.

As soon as I finish making this post I’m going to run around the corner (yes, there really is a Micky D’s around the corner from my house) and I’m-a gonna get as many of the bobble headed little monsters that I can score (and it looks like there are 18 of the little buggers!).

* *UPDATE! * * UPDATE! * *

OK, I told you that I’d be back with a toy. Unfortunately, the nearest McD only had one toy (Padme Amidala). Well, fortunately, that isn’t the only McDonald’s in the area, so I will probably head out to check in on the others later on today.Be back in a bit!


* *UPDATE #2! * * UPDATE #2! * *

Just thought that you all should know that when I went out a second time to track down more Star Wars Bobble-heads, the second McDonald’s I hit had ALL of them, and sold me one of each of the ones I was missing.

Sweet!

4 comments:

Reggie White Jr. said...

Dangit, Bob, why are you so lucky? And what happend to having 6-8 toys to collect? 18? You know how many dollars in happy meals that is? =(

rjsodaro said...

Reg, most of the fast food place will actually allow you to purchase the toy without having to get the meal itself. At McD’s the toy is like $2.11, while B-King will let them go for a Buck or under. Other places are somewhere in between.

Today the place that sold me the bulk (15) actually gave me three free. How cool is that?

Reggie White Jr. said...

Seriously? Why didn't I think of this?

Nice that they gave you some for free.

Tommy said...

I did that with the recent Pokemon toys at Burger King.

Non “Funny” Funnybooks on the Rise

We’ve been reading comics since around 1961. It is — as we’ve often said — our preferred form of entertainment. In fact, the guy we’ve been ...