Friday, September 10, 2010

The War is coming!

There are wars and rumors of wars. Well this one is no longer a roomer, folks. The extremely talented Dave Ryan’s long-talked about and muchly heralded The War of the Independents is finally making its debut at the NY Comicon this October, and well, (for me at least) the coolest part of all of this is that my own characters, Wülf Girlz will be a (very small) part of the war.

Yep, that’s right. The Girlz will make a cameo in the first issue, as well as play a (small) role in the war itself. I couldn’t be more thrilled.

I had only just met Dave shortly after the Girlz made their debut in Psychosis! #1 (GWP), when the call went out for Indie characters to sign on board, and I was quick to give Dave the nod.

Man am I glad that I did, as this is turning out to be the coolest Indie comic to ever hit the stands. Seriously. Nothing like this has ever been done before, and well, it is totally wicked cool.

I’ve seen a special sneak peak of issue #1 and I was toatlly blown away (hey, don’t tell Dave, but I’m going to show you a portion of a wicked-two-page spread of virtually every Indie comic character in the known world.)

Look Ma! it’s the Wülf Girlz!

Yep, that’s my Girlz up there in the corner! I couldn’t be prouder, and I haven’t even told you about the special card set that is coming out (also @ ComicCon).

I’m as giddy as a schoolgirl!

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...