Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Return of Jon Sable

Back in the ’80s one comic that I always enjoyed reading was Jon Sable, Freelance from First. When that company went under I missed reading Jon’s adventures (There was a tie-in miniseries featuring one of the semi-recurring characters, a thief called Maggie The Cat, from Image Comics in 1996, however only a couple of issues were released and the series was never completed).

So you can imagine how happy I was when I recently acquired the first issue of a new Jon Sable comic from IDW/ComicMix. This new series reminded me so much of what I miss about the comics from the ’80s (great art, clean storytelling, and a rousing adventure).

I’m highly recommending this series to anyone who was a fan of the first run, and to anyone who might have missed it. Mike Grell is back, and boy is it just in time!

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...