Thursday, November 26, 2009

G-Man Rules!

Yeah, you heard me, Chris Giarrusso’s G-Man is the coolest comic here these days! I’m totally loving his Cape Crises mini-series. It offers so much of why I read comics in the first place. It is entertaining, tells a readable story, keeps me guessing as to what is going to happen next, makes me want to not only turn the page to get to the rest of the story, and pick up the next issue.

Yep, this is truly a very cool comic. The premise of this whole series is that Great Man and his brother G-Man both wear capes made of magic cloth which gives them the ability to fly and super strength. Only Great Man is cutting up the cloth and selling bits of it as flight bands to anyone who has the cash. Although he has been warned that doing this will split up the power and weaken the magic, he keeps doing it, which leads to all sorts of trouble.

The various characters that populate this series are unique, and, well, fun to read. I’m hoping that Chris does well enough with this series to not only continue it, but to convince Marvel that they need to produce more of Chris’ Mini-Marvels (another good read from Chris that could do with better publicity).

G-Man has a couple of back-up shorts which are contributed by buddies of Chris (including the guys who are producing Marvel’s X-Babies). I’m telling you that this book is so good even the back-up stories are fun to read.

If you are not reading G-Man, you should be, go out and get yourself a copy now!

2 comments:

Sol (Frederick) Badguy said...

A pity I can't find this series neither in markets nor in the other section I get comics from

I don't like to buy stuff online, that's why I don't order it from the internet

rjsodaro said...

I appreciate that you don’t order over the ‘net, Sol, but you can get your retailer to order you a copy by going to Chris’s site, and downloading a PDF order form to give to your retailer.

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...