Monday, August 18, 2008

2009 in Belkis



When talking about Next year, I like to start with the fact that I was able to assist in assembling a very cool calendar of fantasy art. Yep, I’m no artist (even though I do play one on TV), but I did help handle the editorial chores on one that is out now, and should be on display all of next year.

Earlier this year I had the unique pleasure to work with Fellow CAGer James Rodriguez. James, in addition to his stellar work on Quantum: Rock of ages with Philip Clark, James has begun publishing his own comic The Chronicles Of Sara. Still, as much as I want to to talk about those comics (and, trust me, I will), I’m more interested, right now, in discussing the NovaStar Studios Fantasy Illustrated Calendar, featuring Belkis. (Wow, that’s a mouthful!)

James, gathered together a bunch of other top-flight NY illustrators to produce a dynamite calendar for 2009. Each artist got to illustrate the always-lovely Belkis. As for my part, I not only wrote the bios for the various illustrators, but I provided James with moral support and a bit of production help early on in the process.

I was grateful to James for allowing me to assist him in this wonderful endeavor. So I want to take this opportunity to let you know that if you are in the market for a 2009 calendar (and right about now, who isn’t?) I strongly suggest that you contact James and purchase one for yourself. The calendar cost a mere $20.00 (which includes Shipping and Handling). So head over to James’ site and get a better look at the imagery on the calendar.

2 comments:

Tommy said...

Belkis is a real person? Woah!!

The calendar looks great!

rjsodaro said...

Dude, I totally assure you that, yes, Belkis is very much a real person, and if you think that she looks good in these illustrations, you should see her up close and in personal in the (ahem) flesh.

Non “Funny” Funnybooks on the Rise

We’ve been reading comics since around 1961. It is — as we’ve often said — our preferred form of entertainment. In fact, the guy we’ve been ...