Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tie one on for Spidey

OK kids, this is probably going to be my final “wearable heroes” postings as I’m all out of superhero clothing for the time being. As you can see from the image on the left Sometimes I even wear Spidey on my head (not sure what happened to this image, the hat is yellow, and the pic looked good when I took it, but this is what I got when I posted; I’m blaming Skrulls). Still, no hero wardrobe is complete without a tie. That’s right, a tie — and well — I have two:



The white tie is from the ‘70s and (while you can’t see it here) it actually has a very nasty rust-colored water stain on it, which I Photoshopped it out for this posting). The other tie is from the ‘80s or ‘90s. that was a gift from one of my kids as I recall, probably given to me on Father’s Day I would imagine.

This next item is a baseball glove that my brother purchased for my son when my son was very young. I don’t know that Dylan ever actually used the glove, as he was never really into sports and played T-Ball only for one year before moving on to soccer. (I think that my daughter, Kayla might have, years later gotten more use out of the glove, but she too was more into soccer, and then basketball.)

Anyways, it has passed from them to me. (To be sure, I’m thinking that the gift was always more for me than either one of them in the first place.)



Needless to say, you are going to want to be able to tell time, so this Spidey watch (from the House of Kraft) could be very well just the thing.



Then, finally, because you are going to want to hide who you are wearing all of this crap way-cool Spidey stuff, a Spidey mask.



Welp, I’m done with this thread for now. Next up will be my observations of the new Batman flick

2 comments:

Tommy said...

It'd be even more cool, if the glove had the Spider-Sense squiggly lines (although they wouldn't fit that well) cause the ball is landing on his face when you think about it.

And there's a Spider-Man Classics tie, eh. It is a nice art homage to Amazing Fantasy #15's cover. I wonder if this means there were ties based upon comic covers, and if so, what other ones were used. Imagine the pure geek factor if you had a tie with Amazing Spider-Man #31's cover, with the caption, "If this be my destiny..."

rjsodaro said...

There were a few Marvel ties (Spidey had a couple as well as some other characters). I know that there was at least one tie based on Amazing Spider-Man, although I don’t know which issue.

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...