Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The more you wear...

OK kids, if you didn’t get enough of superheroes you can wear yesterday, here comes part the duce. This first shirt was acquired for me by my lovely daughter at some event where there was a guy airbrushing T-shirts:



Cool, eh? Still, while I know that many of you think I’m all about Spidey-Man, but that isn’t entirely true. Nope. Sometimes I wear the FF on my chest.



Sometimes I wear the Silver Surfer.



Sometimes I even wear Stan.



Then, of course, there ar the two T-Shirts I received back in the late
’80s/early ’90s when I freelanced for Marvel and was invited to their summer, company picnic. The image to the left is a close-up shot of the logo on the right breast of th front of this T. while the Wolverine is what appeared on the back.



Originally, Wolverine was in B&W, and I had my Brother-in-Law air brush the art, as he was looking to practice,and I though that it would be really cool to have Wolvie in color. As I recall, this was the second year I was invited to the picnic. The first year we received the shirt that appears below. I mean, what is a picnic with out an ant or two, eh? The Picnic(s) were at some place in Jersey. I took a train into the city, the subway to Marvel’s office, and then was bused to Jersey. All-in-all a good day.



Oh yeah, On one of those trips, they also gave us this hat to wear, and while I really haven’t worn it since (I do wear the shirts), I can’t bear to part with it.



Additionally not only had I been invited to Marvel’s Summer event a couple of years in a row, but I had also been invited to their year-end Holiday party (always held in January, for some reason), which was a great big bash that took up the entire top floor of some big hotel in NYC. Unfortunately there were no giveaway Ts with those events, but they were way cool anyway.

I’m going to leave off here for now, and pick this up again tomorrow with a batch of non-Marvel items that I have in my superhero wardrobe (and again, remember, these aren’t all of my wearible art, just the ones that I could find).

4 comments:

Reggie White Jr. said...

Marvel invites you places? You ever take the family or at least the wife to any of these events?

rjsodaro said...

At the time the Holiday party was employee/freelancer only, as was the Summer bash.

Tommy said...

The Stan shirt makes me giggle in delight.

rjsodaro said...

Yeah, only it is really old, hence a medium, these days I’m more of a large.

Non “Funny” Funnybooks on the Rise

We’ve been reading comics since around 1961. It is — as we’ve often said — our preferred form of entertainment. In fact, the guy we’ve been ...