Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Big Shots

Some weeks back I spoke about a few comics that were produced by some friends of mine that I was reading at the time. I wanted to go back and talk again about one in particular entitled 5 Shots, by Jemir Johnson. The book is a digest-sized, square-bound, B&W comic containing five short crime stories. The stories are a series of visceral street-level crime dramas, that grab you right from the get-go, and keeps you there all the way through to the final page. Jemir is a CAG buddy from the NY team. Well, not only has Jemir produced this comic (which is available on Amazon)!

Well, if that isn’t enough to get your attention, he has already produced a standard-sized B&W comic that serves as a prequel to these stories. This prequel is entitled Street Sweeper I’m telling you that he’s really got me going with this stuff, and and I wanted to go back and recommend them to you again, because I truly believe that you all will enjoy them as much as did I.

As stated elsewhere, I always like being able to promote the comicbook work of my friends, and other indie creators whenever I can. So, perhaps this would be a good time to remind all of you regular readers of my blog that I have some comics of my own that I’d also like to promote. You can find some links to them off to the right, or you can just post here that you are interested, and we can talk of-line.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Tommy said...

Does that mean you've got copies of the original issues of Agent Unknown for sale?

rjsodaro said...

Yep, that’s what that means, ‘ol Son.

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...