Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Avengers/Invaders Redux

So, I’ve been (suffering through) reading the Avengers Invaders endless limited series and well, quite frankly, enjoying it less and less with each passing issue. I received a wonderful treat this month, in Marvel Adventures: Avengers. It seems that the two teams got together there as well, only, not only was the entire story contained in a single issue, but it was actually enjoyable to read.

It was fun, entertaining, and well, not padded out for 12 issues.

I couldn’t have asked for more.

I am seriously bored to tears with writers who feel that they need to pile everything and the kitchen sink into an issue. Just tell me the story and make it good.

Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...