Saturday, March 10, 2007

I’m not dead yet!

That’s right kids, Captain America isn’t quite dead yet, and no, he’s not being a baby about it either. Seriously. Yeah, Yeah, I know that we reported just the other day that Cap bit the bullet (or rather that the bullet bit him), but that was when we were reading a CNN.com report about his demise. Now, we’ve just finished reading Civil War: The Initiative, wherein Ms. Marvel tells Spider-Woman that Cap is alive and in a hospital on The Raft, where he is hanging on for his life.

You can read all about it here.

On another front, we now have Iron Man building a “New” new team of Avengers, and I can’t help but to be struck by the different way that he and Cap went about building their respective teams. Cap chose heroes of moral fiber who (apparently) worked well together under a difficult situation, Stark built a team on more of a George Steinbrenner/NY Yankees approach (Who’s available?/Who can I afford?). Cap wanted a team of stalwart men and woman with whom he could defend liberty, Stark wanted to build the best team that money could buy.

Interesting dichotomy actually. I’d like to see how this all plays out over the coming months. Hopefully it won’t be overly extended just to milk every dollar and angle out of it all, but who’s to know?

Well, that's about it for now, more as it happens.

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...