Friday, August 18, 2006

So, yesterday, I come home and open up my e-mail. As I’m going through the numerous bits of electronic correspondence and spam (deleting the spam, and reading the missives), I come across one from a buddy of mine who lives in NY. He says:

The New York Post loves its comics. Today's edition contains a free reprint
of AF15.

—C

Folks, I’m telling you that I couldn’t grab my car keys and get my sandals on fast enough to get out the door. I’m like two minutes from the nearest Newsstand, and I was there in just under 30 seconds. I snagged two copies of the paper (assuring the cute young thing at the counter that, yes I did know that I had two of the same paper, and yes, I did intend to do that).

When I got home, I was greeted by my lovely wife, who presented me with a second pair... er, ah, of comics, courtesy of my very lovely Sister-In-Law. Needless to say. several hours later, I subsequently chatted up my sometimes partner the very talented Mr. Wilcox (and other serious Spidey fanatic) who indicated that he was unable to acquire a copy, so I offered him one of mine (we do that kind of stuff).



The third copy is for my fabulous nephew Tony-o, who is all of 12 and loves Spidey near as much as do I and John A. (and I love keeping him hooked on comics, so I always try to acquire them for him.) Tony-o is great. He loves to call me up and ask me comic-booky questions; “Uncle Bob, if Spider-Man was fighting Aquaman, who would win?” “Why it would be Spidey, of course, especially if they were fighting in the Nevada desert.”

Anyway, I just wanted to share that with all of you.

The Perfessor

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...