Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Rusty Haller, R.I.P.

It is with a sad heart that I pass along the information, that a friend of mine, Rusty Haller, creator of Ace & Queenie, and former cartoonist of Marvel’s Star Line passed away in his sleep last night. Rusty’s mother had passed away earlier this ...year, forcing Rusty to re-locate to Ohio to live with a friend. It was his friend & roommate that discovered Rusty’s body. That's all I know at the moment.

The artwork is an original piece of Rusty’s art that I had commissioned from him just before he left for Ohio.

When I have more info about Rusty I’ll pass it along.

1 comment:

Chestnut said...

Rusty touched a lot of lives, and was a definite spark of hope in mine. Even when he was going through his own troubles, he was there and cheerful and a lent ear for those that needed him. RIP Rusty.

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...