Wednesday, May 06, 2009

He’s come Back

He said he’d be back, and he finally made it, only not so much. In about a week Terminator will return to the big screen but without Arnold Schwarzenegger helming the flick. This fourth incarnation of the futuristic fatalistic franchise has Christian Bale playing the role of John Connor as the future he has long been avoiding comes crashing down around his ears.



Only we’re not so much interested in that right now. We’re here to talk about the toys. Yesterday I acquired three of the four Terminator cups, and all four of the straws.



I’m betting that there won’t be another fast food (burger joint) tie-in just because of the degree of über-violence that I fully expect to be in this film, so I’m really glad that these straw-toys have detachable figures, so I can pose them on my desk, with my other wicked-cool fast food toys.

As I’m posting this, I just realized that I didn’t post the Wolverine Slurpee straw toy figures. I guess that I’ll just have to do that later on today or something.

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...