Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Writing Life

So, I've been reviewing comics, films, books, and stuff on and off for; well, years, and quite often I’m never sure if I’m writing in a vacuum or what, because well, most of the times I really don’t get any feedback from my audience. Every now and then, however, something comes along that lets me realize that, yep, there actually are folks out there reading what I’m writing. This occurred to me recently when a couple of comicbooks that I wrote about actually used a used a quote from my review as a cover blurb to help promote their comic.

Truthfully, I’m flattered that someone would think that something I said would help them market their comic to the masses.

One of the comics I’m talking about is Healed, a comic that explores the concept of immortality and looks at it from the perspective of, what would happen if everyone on the planed were suddenly (mysteriously) healed of all diseases, and no one would die save for accidental (violent) death. The comic is very well written and raises all sorts of interesting questions that it doesn’t always answer — which isn’t a bad thing, actually, as it really is meant to be more thought-provoking than solution-based.


I am highly recommending Healed by George O’Connor and S Griffin. My reviews of it appear here, here, and here. I understand that the five issue series will soon be collected into a trade paperback. I’m looking forward to that, and hope that these guys decide to produce more stories in this vein, as I’m certain that they are not quite done with what can be said on the matter.

***** UPDATE ***** UPDATE ***** UPDATE ***** 

After I posted the above, I learned that the good folks over at Homeless Comics made a promotional video which they posted on Youtube which also uses my quote



How cool is that?




No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...