Tuesday, July 03, 2012

The Man Who Walked Away From Spider-Man

I was just turned on to this article about Steve Ditko which apparently appeared in today's NY Post

Ditko has long been thought of as the J.D. Salinger of the comics world. He has not given a formal interview since the 1960s — and even back then, he would often respond to a journalist’s questions via mail. Only a few public photographs are known to exist of him, the last taken in his dingy Hell’s Kitchen studio 53 years ago. He lives a rigorously private life, refusing to appear in public, to autograph work or to take a casual snapshot with a fan, should one somehow manage to track him down.
I became a Spider-Man fan because of Steve Ditko's art and Stan's writing. I've always wanted to talk to Steve, but understand that I probably never will.

More's the pitty.

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...