Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'm Spider-Man

Ten years ago, when the Sam Raimi Spider-Man first appeared, and no one in the fast food franchise world wanted to touch toys tied into a comicbook movie, It was Carl's Jr./Hardee’s (a pair of sister chain that are predominately on the West Coast) that took the chance and went with Spidey toys with their Kid's meals.



Well, as we all know now, they did quite well, for when the follow-up film came out in 2004, it was McDonald’s that had the toys.

Well, any way. I recall that back in ’04 my good buddy John (“I may be dead, but I still own the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents) Carbonaro sent me a T-Shirt that was worn by the Carl's Jr. & Hardee’s employees during the Spidey promotion.

That first T-Shirt looks like this (yes, I still have and wear it)!





Well after a couple of rounds of fast food toys from the likes of McDonalds and Burger King, Spidey has returned to Carl’s Jr. and well, there is a new T-Shirt.


And, yep, I wear this one too. Now I just need to get a set of the Carl’s Jr. Toys.

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...