Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Yes, I am a Boy Scout

Back in January, I spotted the published image for the cover of Captain America #616 and well, it looked like this.:
If, like me, you are a Boy Scout, or have served in the military (I didn’t), you will notice something wrong with this image. Yep, the flag is hung wrong. Anyone familiar with Flag protocols will know that the U.S. flag is always hung with he blue star field in the upper left corner. well, I contacted my editor over at Marvel (I work on the Marvel Index project), and informed him of the error. 

Well, when Cap #161 came out last week the cover looked like this:


From what I subsequently learned, because I called in when I did, the Cap Editor was able to fix the image before it got shipped off to the printer.

Seriously, how cool is that?

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...