Sunday, October 28, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again

Well, it has been a while since I’ve been posting to this space, first a virus, then a bad power supply, then well, just overloaded time. Anyway, I’m hoping to catch up over the next few days with a bunch of stuff that has been sitting around my in-box for a time.

First thing is this cartoon. I saw it quite a while back, and clipped it. As a Spidey fan, it hit a responsive chord in me, and I felt that I wanted to share it with you all, especially those of you folk who, like me, are contributors to SpiderFan.

I figured that all of you, like me, would blanch when reading this strip (then get a good chuckle out of it). Especially after the recent conversation that many of us had over owning a copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 (the actual first appearance of our beloved webbed hero.

And look, perhaps the most important aspect of this comic, is that they actually spelled Spidey’s name right, with the hyphen.

2 comments:

Mike Podgor said...

Well, it can't be Amazing Fantasy #15. In fact, it could be any random Spider-Man comic as the caption and picture have no indication of which it is. For all we know, it could be anything from "Amazing Spider-Man" #1 to "Spider-Man, Storm, and Luke Cage Battle Smokescreen".

Andrew said...

Well, he can't be that concerned about the comic. If he was, he wouldn't hold it right over the birthday candles. It'll scorch, you know.

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...