Sunday, September 02, 2007

Key of it All

As you all know by now, I have something of a Spider-Man fetish. I buy (and read) the comics (have a nearly-complete run of all new/original Spidey titles since 1962 (yep, including Amazing Fantasy #15).

In addition to collecting the comics I also like to acquire other Spider-related items. Yeah, I know that there are Spider-fans that collect the action figures and the high-end busts, and collectible stuff like that. Me, I kind of like collecting the low-end, cheap, odd stuff. Can’t tell you why, I just like those sort of things.

This post contains some images of some of the really coo, recent Spidey stuff that I’ve acquired over the past few months.

As you can see, the above items are Spider-Keys. Something that is both cool and practical. This next one is a typical toy. A Spidey flip car, also kind of neat.



And this last one is an update of an item that I actually acquired back when I was, well, much younger...



A Spider-Man Bob Bag. Now what’s cooler than that?

2 comments:

Tommy said...

The answer to what's better than a Spidey one is very easy: A Venom one.

Poor Spidey has it rough enough without people training their knuckles on 'em. :P

I don't suppose you ever got those Spidey vs Venom rock 'em sock 'em esque things some years back?

They could punch and kick, with a blow to the midsection usually causing the other to bend over...in defeat, ya potty mind! :D

rjsodaro said...

Rock ‘em Sock ‘em Spidey & Venom? Nope, never seen those.But I do have a load of cool Spidey toys.

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...