Thursday, December 07, 2006

Here’s what I love about Sundays

Every Sunday, The NY Post includes another “Collectible Reprint” of an early issue of The Amazing Spider-Man. Each week, the paper issues half an issue reprint of thee classic issues. The story is by Stan “The Man” Lee and drawn by Steve Ditko (interestingly enough both Stan and Jack “King” Kirby have nicknames that have stuck with them until this day, but poor ol’ Steve never did, I wonder why). Ah well, no matter, each and every Sunday I get to read one of these old stories and recall with delight why I began my life-long love-affair with comics back in 1962 or there-abouts.

On Sundays, I run out to grab two copies of The Post (one is for me and one is for my 12-year-old nephew Tony-o, who is also a fan of both comics and Spidey), and then I sit and read the comic. Like I said, I already have the stories (in a couple or three different formats), but it still doesn't stop me form acquiring them in this way-cool new format. That’s it for now, except to say check out this link, it is a wicked-cool co-mingling of Our guy Spidey and the other Marvel heroes and villains, and Charlie Brown (to whom Peter Parker has often been compared) and the rest of the Peanuts gang.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mike Podgor said...

My paper has stopped ordering the comics. I am saddened by this turn of events.

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...