Saturday, October 16, 2010

All you Blood-Suckers

Given that this is the month of Shocktober, and It is time for all the creatures of the night to come out and go bump in the night, I thought that I’d not only mention (again) that Atlas Unleashed has issued a rack of new titles (Including Psychosis! Today, Schizophrenia, and The Adversary), that well, I wanted to also remind folks that Vampyres aren’t the only creatures that need your blood.



Yep, this is a pitch to donate blood to the American Red Cross. Personally I’ve been doing for quite some time (I’ve given well over 15 gallons), and now I’m urging you all to do the same (give blood, that is).

Some years ago, when Harris was publishing Vampirella the first time around, I went to a special Valentine‘s Day comic con & Blood Bank, and donated some blood. For my time, I not only received the Vampi pin you see here, but a Vampi comic (I think). Needless to say, I though that now would be a wicked-cool time to trot it out again.

Generally, I wear the pin on a vest along with a buncha other Red-Cross-related pins. Still, this one is the coolest pin in the set.

Given the popularity of Vampyres, I’m sort of surprised that Harris never staged a second Vampi con. I’m sure that folk would come. I know that I would.


No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...