Thursday, May 11, 2006

The S#it-Storm is about to begin!

Ok there boys and girls, I’m going to present this without comment, except to say the press for Superman Returns is already starting, only I’m not entirely certain that we in the rank and file of comicbook fandom really want. Here is the cover for The Advocate.



Yeah, that’s sort of how I feel about this magazine’s cover as well. No, I haven’t actual read the article; a friend of mine sent me the on-line image, which is all I’ve seen at this point. According to the on-line blurb, “Advocate arts and entertainment editor and lifelong comics fan Alonso Duralde looks at superheroes and their appeal to gays and lesbians.” Personally, I never knew that they did. Ah well, perhaps it is just me then, eh?

All I can say is “Hold onto you capes and cowls kids!”

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...