Monday, March 11, 2013

How to Avoid Being Branded a Convention Creeper

We just watched this very interesting and informative video...



...and read the article to which it was attached.

it starts off like this...


Guys. Listen. I know being single sucks. Trust me, I’ve been searching for a good man for the past two years.

I don’t know when guys started confusing my cosplay page for an OKCupid account, but this year I’ve received about a dozen offers to go on dates with dudes I have never met. They are usually 20 years older than me, sometimes live in a completely different continent, and start their messages with “Hey sexy lady, wanna ride my penis?” I mean, I guess I should be flattered that someone wants me for a dickey ride based on a few photos of me in costume. But, it just doesn’t sound like solid basis of a relationship if you ask me.

I know there’s this stereotype that nerdy men are supposed to be awkward, don’t know how to talk to the ladies, usually shy. That’s really sweet, I actually like that in a guy. What I’ve encountered is not the quirky guy in glasses who stutters a little when talkin’ to a pretty gal; no. What I’ve gotten lately is a slew of men telling me just exactly what they would do to me if they had me alone for five minutes in their presence, and how honored I should be to let them perform such acts with me.

The rest of it can be seen here.

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...