Sunday, February 07, 2010

Funny business in the Funny pages

Now I know how small a community cartoonists are (for the longest time, most of them lived in Westport, CT, now many of them and their kids still live in the immediate area). Still I always find it entertaining when two or more cartoonists hit on the same gag in the same day.

Now I’m not talking about gags that revolve around calendar events (Superbowl Sunday, Thanksgiving, religious holidays), or in-season sports (Baseball, basketball, etc.), I’m talking about random, gags about random events, like Dennis the Menace and Close to Home from Feb. 5th.

Here is that portion of the funnies from my local newspaper (The Family Circus is included simply because it sits between the two aforementioned comics).

No comments:

My days under the Malibu Sun!

Way back in the early '90s I was writing for, well, virtually every comicbook magazine under the sun. As if that wasn't enough, I wa...